We chose 3 metres x 3 metres as it is small enough to be useful for labelling specific areas, such as a water point or a front gate, but not so small that we run out of words to label all the squares, or have the squares so small that they become too specific for locations such as houses.
Articles in this section
- How can I help spread the word?
- Isn't the world pretty well addressed?
- How big is it? 57 trillion is a lot of addresses!
- Why 3m x 3m?
- Who uses it?
- What are the shortest and longest words used?
- What if I spell or say a word incorrectly or get the words in the wrong order?
- Can I get the grid for my house, as in the Hyde Park example on the website?
- The words for my house/office/favourite picnic spot seem somehow appropriate. Are you sure it's random?
- What about words that sound the same or with variant spellings?