We remove the majority of words that sound similar to or the same as another word (e.g. sale and sail), and have shuffled all of our similar sounding 3 word locations (e.g. plurals) as far away from each other as possible so it’s obvious if you have made a mistake. It’s better to be 400 miles out than 1 mile out so you know instantly that you’re wrong and don’t set off to the wrong place! This shuffling also allows us to apply intelligent error correction algorithms to correct any mistakes when inputting a 3 word address.
Articles in this section
- How can I help spread the word?
- Isn't the world pretty well addressed?
- How big is it? 57 trillion is a lot of addresses!
- Why 3m x 3m?
- Who uses it?
- What are the shortest and longest words used?
- What if I spell or say a word incorrectly or get the words in the wrong order?
- Can I get the grid for my house, as in the Hyde Park example on the website?
- The words for my house/office/favourite picnic spot seem somehow appropriate. Are you sure it's random?
- What about words that sound the same or with variant spellings?