The what3words grid is algorithmically generated to be nearly exactly 3m by 3m, to within a couple of centimetres, at latitudes between -85º and +85º. Between +/- 85º north and south and the poles, the notional grid squares expand the closer to the poles you get and at their largest extent are ~4.5m by ~4.5m with some deformation at the poles.
Articles in this section
- Can I open a link to a 3 word address in satellite view?
- How can I see a 3 word address as latitude,longitude coordinates?
- How do I find my 3 words?
- Can I save 3 word addresses?
- Why don't the map and satellite locations match?
- How does what3words work at the North and South pole?
- Is what3words more accurate than GPS?
- When I search for a place or street address why does it sometimes show the wrong location?
- Why do I see different words every time I press the location button?
- Which app is best for me to use what3words offline?